Thursday, July 25, 2013

Range Report: 7-19-13

I found an indoor pistol range near my home.  They actually allow you to fire quicker than the Missouri Department of Conservation's one round per three seconds policy (infuriating).  Most of my shooting was done at 7 yards.  However, I finished up at 15 yards.


Well, I kept them on the silhouette!  This was done in strings of 10 concentrating on the fundamentals.  I had another one at 15 where I practiced placing my first shots as quickly as possible.  I had two that were off the silhouette.  Of course, that is unacceptable.  I want to be sure of hitting my target on the first shot every time.  Center mass or head shots preferably for obvious reasons.

What kind of drills do you run at the range?  Do you have any good drills that focus on an accurate and quick first shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment