I keep a running list of items in these categories and try to make it a point to stock up on items in each category that we may not have or that are lowest in quantity. For example, I have identified the following for next month:
- Protection - 9 mm Speer Gold Dot (100) rounds
- Note, there's a news story about the last lead ore smelter shutting down due to what amounts to extortion by the EPA. It might be time to make a bigger than normal purchase to hedge against unavailability/high prices.
- Food - Beans, Mylar Bags and Desiccant Packs
- Giving this a try for the first time. We are big bean eaters so there's no worry of this going to waste. Also, they last literally for years if done correctly.
- Water - Bottled Water (5 cases)
- Easy pick up at Sam's Club. We go through this quite a bit, surprisingly.
- First Aid - Rolled Gauze, Moleskin
- Don't have either of these items. Any suggestions where to get a good deal on bulk purchases?
Do you all do something similar? Do you have a method to your "prepping" madness? Comment below and let me know. Thanks for reading.