Wednesday, November 6, 2013

One of THOSE Posts: Random Thoughts

It's been a busy work week which has kept me from getting inspired to write a well thought out post.  I'm going to wing it today.

The governors race in Virginia last night was disappointing.  A lot of chatter is putting the blame on Sarvis for entering the race as a Libertarian (which his being a Libertarian is contentious) and for the fact that a former Obama supporter contributed to his race.  I think the fact remains that there are a lot of people who voted D.  I am not sure how anyone in good conscience vote for folks whose ideologies are proving disastrous in the long run.  Social Security is a failure.  Medicare fraud is rampant.  And Obamacare sure is off to a roaring start, isn't it?

In other news, the LAX and NJ Mall incidents have been blown out of proportion.  Both incidents are terrible.  I tend to think of loss of life as a net gain / loss.  It maybe is cold to some people, but let's face it, you're either dead or you're not.  There were probably more murders this week in LA than the combined total of all of the casualties in the LAX shooting.  The NJ mall "shooting" was not even one.  The nut job was literally telling people he was not going to shoot them.  Don't get me wrong, it is disturbing on any level, but to treat this like a mass shooting is disingenuous.

I am going to attempt to do my own super pails full of beans and rice as soon as my buckets, O2 absorbers and metalized bags come in.  I think I'm going to start with rice and beans.  Any other suggestions?

I am also looking forward to deer season in Kansas.  I only have one problem:  I have not figured out where that might be yet.  I did have a couple offers to hunt, but that has not been firmed up.  Oh well.  It did give me a good excuse to sight in my rifle at a hundred yards last weekend.  I'd really like to find some ranges longer than a 100 yards.  I only know of one nearby (if you call an hour drive "nearby").

Well, that's about all I've got for the moment.

3 comments:

  1. "...The governors race in Virginia last night was disappointing...."

    Tell me about it... good grief.... *SMH*
    Of course, I'm really not all that surprised- after all Bloomberg bought McA's election.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and the fact that the RINO's wouldn't pitch in to help is inexcusable. Just absurd.

      Delete
    2. Well, two heads, same hydra and all that I guess...

      Delete