Friday, April 18, 2014

Burris MTAC 1.5 - 6x Arrived!

Sorry for the late posting this week.  With the newborn around, I'm a little out of sorts when it comes to my routine.  I got my new Burris MTAC 1.5 - 6x this week.  First impressions are that I like the generous eye relief and the reticle is pretty simple.  My only concern was that the illumination was not as bright as I had hoped in daylight.  However, I was prepared for that since others had mentioned it in their evaluations and reviews.

I also ordered a Burris P.E.P.R. mount for it.  I normally would have gone with a LaRue SPR-E, but I didn't want to drop the coin until I'm for sure satisfied with the actual optic.  I can always replace the P.E.P.R. later and relegate it to my .22LR AR.  And, in case anyone remembers my post about the .22LR trainer, there hasn't been a whole lot of progress.  I did pick up a Bushnell TRS- 25 for it.  I'm actually really happy with it.  I may do a post on it at some point.

The one thing I'm itching to figure out is whether or not the subtensions listed on the Burris website apply to both the 1 - 4x and 1.5 - 6x.  I suppose the overall size of the Ballistic CQ reticle could be different in the two models and thus it works out that it has the same subtensions at their respective max magnification.  I can also find out once I get out to the range and set up an 18 inch wide target, crank it up to 6x and then see if the reticle matches the 18 inch subtension.  Still, it would be nice for some clarification from Burris.  I did fire off an email to them, but nothing yet.

I'll definitely be covering the optic in a future post once I get some range time with it.  Hopefully, that will be soon although May is not looking too promising schedule wise.

If you happen to know the answer to my subtension questions, then please feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment