Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Burris MTAC 1.5 - 6x subtensions clarified

Last week I mentioned that I was not sure about the posted subtensions on Burris' website.  I did get a response from Ryan Williams in their tech support department concerning the Ballistic CQ subtensions diagram posted for both models:

"The reticle for the 1.5x6 is a little bit bigger and yes it would be calibrated at 6 power, the subtensions are the same"

So there you have it.  I was correct in my speculation that the reticle was just sized differently so that both worked out to be the same subtensions at each model's respective maximum magnification.

Some of you may be shaking your head and thinking, "Duh!".  Some of this stuff is new for me though and I know I have seen others on the web trying to figure it out as well.  I hope this helps them if they are searching for answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment