Thursday, May 15, 2014

Go Ruck, SBR's and Krav Maga

The past few weeks I have had a lot of irons in the fire when it comes to self defense and overall fitness plans.  The first thing that has been on my to do list is to get the paperwork started for a short barrel rifle (SBR) build for a hog hunter.  The build will incorporate a 300 Blackout upper with a AAC 762-SDN-6 silencer.  Silenced 300 BLK subsonic rounds are pretty dang quiet.  From my research supersonic rounds are effective on game out to 250 yards for certain and are still fairly quiet with the silencer which is a big plus for hunters who don't want to have to worry about hearing protection.

I also signed up for a GoRuck event in September.  My wife and I are going to be doing the Light version of it since the next rung up is an overnighter.  I'm pretty sure we would not be able to swing that with the little girl.  If I survive the Light event, then I'll start considering doing the Challenge overnight event later on.

And I plan on starting taking some Krav Maga classes.  The wife took them last year prior to the pregnancy.  She really enjoyed them and thinks it will be right up my alley.  I think she is probably right.

Well, that's it for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment