Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spring Camping Here I Come

This weekend in the KC Metro is going to be gorgeous according to predictions.  Perfect timing for camping in a buddy's back yard with his son.  They are going through their dry run for Cub Scout camping this summer and I was invited to join.  Granted, we will be a stone's throw from a house in suburbia, but it still is fun to camp out.  And it is especially fun to introduce a new one on how to setup a tent, start a fire, etc.
I think I will use this as a chance to practice my fire making skills.  I plan on just using tinder and my magnesium starter.  I've used it once before, but I'd like to do it again.  Eventually, I would like to be confident in a variety of ways to start a blaze.

I am planning on getting that MTAC sighted in tomorrow (Friday).  Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of ranges past 100 in the area in order to test the drops on the reticle itself.  I'll also need to work on ranging with the Ballistic CQ reticle.   I may have to resort to setting up a target on my Dad's land and eventually just range at unknown distances and then laser it to see how close I was in my estimate.

Well, that's all I've really got this week.  Posts should be more interesting once I get a bit more motivated and activity starts to pick up again.  Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment