Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What Happened, America?: HOA Violation Leads to Jail Time

I'm starting a new series titled "What Happened, America?".  In it, I plan on highlighting events that are absurd on their face in light of the fact that America is supposed to be the "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave."  Let us look at an event that occurred a six years ago:

Brown lawn means jail time

Twisted, right?  I personally think Home Owner's Associations are a bunch of crap, but that is an argument tangential to this post.  That aside, HOAs are supposed to be made up of your neighbors.  What does it say about these particular Americans that they took this man to court when he clearly had fallen on hard times?  Instead of pulling together to help him out or letting him get back on his feet a bit first these folks decided to put him through the wringer over grass.  Does this sound like what America and her People should be about?

I am not old by any means.  However, I remember when I used to play in the neighborhood with other kids and our parents were friendly towards each other.  We were attentive to each other when someone was sick or lost a family member.  If there were disputes, then it was never serious and it was always resolved amicably.  Sure, there was the guy down the way who did not take care of his home very well.  Guess what?  We would mow his lawn for him once and a while.

What happened, America?

1 comment:

  1. HOAs are the worst. I have one where I live, it's the first time I've ever had one. Never again if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete