Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What Happened, America?: Finger Gun Suspension

I mentioned in one of my last "What Happened, America?" posts that even I did the finger gun motion a lot.  Well, looks like if I was a 5th grader that it would be off limits nowadays:

Milford 5th-grader suspended for pointing imaginary gun

I just shake my head when I read these stories.  What possible lesson does this teach a child?  The answer is that it's not so much a lesson as it is an indoctrination of wussification.  These kind of actions are part of an overall larger scheme that has been brewing over the past few decades.  Namely, that anything that remotely resembles a weapon is automatically evil.  Look, I'm not saying we should be raising violent children, but having the Thought Police ban something as mundane as someone's patently harmless imagination and actions is the height of absurdity.

Finger guns.  Seriously, people.

What Happened, America?

No comments:

Post a Comment