Tuesday, February 3, 2015

What Happened, America?: Government Harasses Parents for Letting Children Walk Home

The Nanny State strikes again.

Parents investigated for neglect after letting kids walk home alone

I remember traipsing around my neighborhood by the time I was 10 years old.  My best friend and I would go for bike rides down to the Kwik Shop to get candy or we'd go to the school playground and play on the equipment.

Now, we have social services and the police getting involved for a one mile walk?  The odds of a child being abducted are absurdly low.  Having the state step in on a very low risk activity is absolutely nuts.  Literally, it would not have taken the kids more than 30 minutes (the average time of a TV show) to make it home.

And we wonder why the current generation stays at home until they are in their mid 20's.  They've been conditioned through the culture and mindset of the state that you must always have a safety net.  Give me a break.  Let your children live and learn to govern themselves.

What Happened, America?

No comments:

Post a Comment