Thursday, March 12, 2015

What Happened, America?: Magical Bling Bling Leads to School Suspension

What is America coming to when you cannot even pretend to be a character from the Lord of the Rings?

Texas boy suspended for saying he could make classmate ‘disappear’ with ‘Lord of the Rings’ sorcery

I am a huge Lord of the Rings fan and read The Hobbit in 4th grade.  That's right about the grade this little boy is in.  This easily could have been me playing around with my friends back in the day.

I am at a loss as usual when it comes to these articles.  Has the quality of our nation's educators been diluted down so badly that critical thinking is almost non-existent?  Have zero tolerance policies turned off that part of the brain that handles the cognitive abilities to determine play from real threats?  It sure seems so.  There are many great teachers out there.  My wife was a teacher for a few years.  Lord knows I have been exposed to what they have to deal with.  It seems to me that the numbers of these good teachers are dwindling and the mediocre to outright idiot teachers is on the rise.

Is our education system doomed?  Are quality teachers going to keep disappearing in favor of other professions?

What Happened, America?

No comments:

Post a Comment